Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and whether you’ve got a hot date planned, or are planning to hit up a bar with your girlfriends, this incredibly easy look will be the perfect showstopper. Today we are going to take you through step by step so that you can rock this look just like our Beauty Writer Isobel does.
1. Sort out your base – a sheer coverage base with a touch of concealer to hide any blemishes will leave your skin looking gorgeous and glowy. If you have oily skin or want your makeup to last extra long, make sure to add a touch of powder to set your makeup.
2. Brighten your eyes – add a nice shimmery, light colour to your eyelids and the inner corner of your eyes. This will help to make your eyes appear bigger, brighter and more awake.
3. Add a little depth – using a medium brown eyeshadow and a fluffy brush, trace the colour along the ‘crease’ of your eye. This is the hollow area between your eye and eye socket. You can add a slightly darker colour to create more drama if you want!
4. Even things out – add the same colours in the same order along your lower lash line. Also, get a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend the edges to make sure there aren’t any harsh lines.
5. Darken things up – if you want a more dramatic look, take a dark brown or black eyeshadow and use it along your upper lash line. This will help to make your eyelashes appear thicker and add more depth.
6. Mascara time – now, grab your go-to mascara and load up those lashes to your heart’s content.
7. Shape them brows – if you use makeup on your eyebrows, then this is a time to do it. Powder, gel, and pencil are all great for filling in your brows to give a more pronounced look.
8. A splash of colour – now it’s time to grab your favourite blush and get those cheeks flushing.You simply cannot beat a classic rose-pink colour to brighten up your complexion in our opinion.
9. Knock ’em out – you can’t celebrate Valentine’s day without a classic red lip, and that’s exactly what we’re going for come February 14th. Applying a bold lip takes a bit of practise, but once you’ve nailed it, it’ll be totally worth it.
Will any of you be trying this tutorial out? If you do, make sure to tweet us at @scriptoeris and show us your look!
Author: Isobel Morrice
Isobel Morrice is a lipstick addict, language graduate and long-time lifestyle and beauty blogger. In her spare time she likes to play GTA V, take the perfect Instagram photo or (funds allowing) visit her hometown of Hong Kong.